Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And the Countdown Continues...

9 days. Wow. Time has flown a little, dragged a little, but either way, it has passed, and Africa stands just over a week away. Incredible.

I spent the weekend with friends saying hellos and goodbyes and playing like crazy. I went to Lake Conroe and played around Saturday and the first part of Sunday. Rode jet skis for the first time, wakeboarded for the first time, and spent two days wondering how I could manage buying jet skis in Africa. I love them. The time there was so sweet - I was able to spend time with amazing friends who I haven't seen in a while and laughed harder than I had all summer. At one point, after Ryan threw me off the jet ski, I couldn't swim back because I couldn't stop laughing. It was the first little blissful moment I can remember in a long, long time.

Then, thanks to the fact that Friday was my last day of work, I was able to spend Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday in CS playing and laughing and acting colleg-y again. I didn't really sleep, but the lack of it was worth it.

Goodbyes were hard. It was difficult leaving the world that has grown so dear to me and so comfortable, but I am so blessed in that God has been so faithful in reminding me about what is ahead. One second I'm dreading everything I'm leaving, and the next second I can hardly contain my excitement in all that I'll see and be a part of and experience, and being able to witness firsthand the work that God is undoubtedly doing in that land. There are more goodbyes to come, and though they're going to be heartbreaking, it's only for a bit, and it's for the best reason I can think of.

So let the countdown continue, and let God's peace and joy increase in me all the more!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have to send you the clip of you wakeboarding.

    Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete