Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Night Before... Christmas?

Here it is! It's the night before, and I can not even begin to express the joy and comfort and peace the Lord has given me!

I've had a lot of my biggest goodbyes this week - mainly the dinner with my absolute, hands-down, very best friend, Sarah Elizabeth. I drove there expecting it to be one of the hardest moments that I'd encounter, but somehow I didn't shed a tear. The entire two hours we spent at the little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant in Hempstead was so joyful that there was no room for sadness. I was blown away at the realization of how much she has come to mean to me. And thought it'll be strange to not have her by my side for the first time in 3 years, God just gave me such comfort and assurance that - duh - this isn't the end, it's just a little distance. I'm so thankful that the relationships that mean so much to me will undoubtedly extend over whatever distance comes between us.

I think a large part of the strength that I've had these past few days has also been thanks to my parents. My parents are absolutely incredible, by the way. Watching as the Lord gives them such peace about this has been so wonderful and so encouraging to me. It is amazing what a difference it makes to have such complete support from them and have them backing me every step of the way, and I cannot even begin to thank them enough for the strength that I have because of them.

To everyone who has supported my family and I in this time, thank you. Thank you for your prayers, your words of encouragement and comfort, and your support. And may our God be praised - the Prince of Peace, the Great Comforter, the God who never changes, our Faithful Father, the Everlasting God. He is so good :)

So here I go. I'm packed, I'm ready, and I'm wide-awake. And praise God, it is well with my soul...

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeek, this is so exciting. I was telling someone yesterday that it is so fun to watch my friend's dream come true :). Love you and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete