Monday, August 24, 2009

PICTURES!

So I know I update this a little too much, but I'm trying to get as much up before the students arrive THURSDAY (eek!) and I'm off playing all of the time. (Playing, teaching, same thing, right?)

And since my lovely neighbor Jen taught me to compress pictures, I thought that tonight would be a lovely night to upload them. So here we go...

First, we've got the RVA sign (obviously), my beautiful little house, a loquat from the loquat tree right outside, a little monkey who likes to eat my loquats, and a view of the AIM hospital in Kijabe...













And here are a few pictures of the dukas in Kijabe, and me and Cassie in front of the "Supa Duka!"












And lastly, my first meal at Mama Chiku's - including my first soda in 8 years - and Cassie, Jen and I with some insanely amazing treats I found in Nairobi... mmm...





NOTE: The pictures and captions don't quite line up, but... that's okay :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I am so enjoying your posts of life in Africa. You are so descriptive that I feel as if I am there. Praise God that He sent you on this journey for it sounds as if you are exactly where you will make a difference and grow. Keep posting. Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Borio = Bootleg Oreo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosemarie!

    And Anonymous, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that's what Borio stands for. It's amazing how similar yet completely different they taste from Oreos. Definitely makes you miss the double stuf'd...

    ReplyDelete