Monday, December 21, 2009

Pineapple Mayhem

Last week a few of my junior highers showed up at my door with one of my towels they grabbed from my clothes line and proudly announced "Bigger or Better!"

The elementary kids were having a game night and my junior highers, also bored, decided to try to make their own game night. The problem is that most junior highers don't know how to organize games or control others enough to get them to play along. This was their attempt at doing so, but it failed quite miserably. Also noteworthy: I had given an elementary group my pineapple and the junior highers were amazingly jealous and NEEDED that pineapple.

So my neighbor Sarah and I decided to put this information together and make a junior high game night and somehow incorporate pineapples into the games. This idea mixed with our delirium from the hike resulted in one of the most hilarious nights I've had with my kids, and they loved every second of it, praise God :)

When we sent out invitations we told them to bring a pineapple and dress monochromatically (thanks FLIC...). They were all really confused, but reeeally excited to see why the madness.

They started by having to find hidden balls with glow sticks all over the campus. Some of the glow sticks weren't quite glowing, so that made it a little bit harder. Then we moved on to the pineapple games. We had them dress up their pineapple, judged the "best dressed pineapple," then had them make a commercial which incorporated their pineapples in it. Yes, this sounds ridiculously strange and cheesy, but they LOVED it, and it was absolutely HILARIOUS... way funnier than you'd probably expect.

So without further ado, the results:
Yes, this IS a Pineapple dressed as Rudolph...And A Pineapple dressed as Papa Smurf...The skit was about Santa and some reindeer smoking.. and they all died... which is why you shouldn't smoke... nice.
The Lunas, a.k.a. the African Idol judges...waiting for the results...

I really like junior highers... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment