Monday, December 14, 2009

Kwaheri, Daddy!

Daddy and I spent a few days up in Kijabe after our safari. We were up here from Tuesday night through Saturday morning, and having him here was such a blessing for both of us! He was delighted to see how safe and beautiful it is here, so I think he'll rest much easier knowing that my part of Africa isn't quite as dark and dangerous as he may have imagined. I gave him a tour of the campus and we walked down to the dukas to buy some vegetables and have a little tour of Kijabe town. I loved showing him my little world!
He also brought lots of goodies from home, including ingredients for s'mores! We're convinced the marshmallows here are partly plastic and they don't sell graham crackers or Hershey's, so this was quite the treat! We had a few people over to make s'mores with us and everyone was ridiculously excited, which was really amusing to Dad.

He also brought some birthday cards and gifts for me, including a Christmas CD from Mom and Dad (I forgot my Christmas music at home and was craving it, so it was great!) and a card from April with beautiful hand-made snowflakes in it that I put up in my windows and I loooove looking out at!I also happened to get THREE packages from the post office!! That right there is as good as waking up to a room full of presents on Christmas morning! I opened the package from my Aunt Linda and Uncle Art and it had all sorts of goodies in it! I also opened the flat envelope from Mommy which had my favorite pencils, cough drops, a Halloween card (that tells you how long it took to get here!) and Sour Patch kids in it! It was a great birhtday present!!Daddy brought a box cake mix from America to make me cake on my birthday, and it was delicious! We had cake with candles, which was incredibly exciting in itself! After cake we drove into Nairobi and went to the Giraffe Center to feed giraffes - it was so cool! Its tongue tickled but it was great!Afterwards we stopped by the mall to grab a couple things and then it was off to the airport. Saying goodbye was a lot harder than I thought it'd be, and it was a lot harder than when I left America. I think we both did our fair share of crying when I left, but he's home safely and I couldn't ask for more! We had a wonderful time - I can hardly believe Daddy visited me in Africa! I am so thankful that God blessed us with the trip and now I'm looking forward to Mommy coming in April!

Nakupenda (I love you) Daddy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey honey! I finally got a chance to sit down and catch up on your blog! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Daddy! I'm so glad. Can't wait for the Musks reunion! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete