Saturday, July 11, 2009

RVA Orientation: Day 4

So this is a little late coming, but I just hate leaving things unfinished. Day 4 was fabulous. We had a round-table discussion with two previous RVAers - one was the superintendent for about 5 or 6 years, and they had both done just about every position possible. It was a great opportunity to find out more about the school, the kids, my co-workers, what to expect, etc.

Afterwards, we had a luncheon with all of the AIM staffers, short-termers shared testimonies and prayer requests, and then they sang us out. After pictures and soaking up the last bits of cool weather, we said goodbye to our newfound AIM family, and off to the airport we went.

I cannot thank God enough for the people He placed in my life up there. It was so fantastic meeting all of the staffers who have been helping me from the beginning and working so hard to put this trip together for all of us. It was so encouraging to see their love for the Lord, their patience in their work, and their support in our lives. I now feel 100 times more ready to go and can't wait to see what God has waiting in Kenya :)

The next five weeks will be filled with doctor's appointments, packing, unpacking, and packing again, support raising, goodbyes to last a year, and much much more. But God willing, five weeks from today, I will be landing in Nairobi, figuring out how to not lose all of my money paying bribes at the airport, and stepping into the land that I've been dreaming of for five years. How sweet it is :)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda! This is so exciting! I can't believe how soon you are going! I just read this book called "The Only Road North" by Erik Mirandette. He travels from South Africa all the way to Ethiopia on a dirt bike. And they talk about Nairobi. :-) I would recommend the book to you, but I think your travels will be just as exciting or more exciting, so there is probably no need, haha. OK I love you and I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete