Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rewind #3

For my last day in Africa, Jenny and Sarah and I went in to town for a last trip to Nakumat, the Wal-Mart type grocery store in Nairobi, lunch at a little cafe and then had dinner with my dearest Kenyan friend Bernice and her family. The day was relaxing, wonderful, and so sweet.

So there it is: My year in Africa. I really cannot put into words how much this year meant to me, and how much it meant to me to have so much support from family, friends and strangers. I am incredibly grateful for all of the prayers that went up for me, for all of the encouragement and help I've had throughout the year, and for every little (and big) thing God taught me in this time.

As for a recent update, I've moved to Dallas and am still (unfortunately) looking for a job. I still miss Kenya and, most of all, my friends over there every day, but I am confident that this is where God has me this year and He's already been teaching me so much in being here.

Please keep praying for Kenya and the different ministries happening there and all over Africa and, for that matter, all over the world. Please keep praying for RVA, especially as the staff and students start a new year in the next couple of weeks.

Praise God, for He is GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment