Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rewind #2

Goodbyes: What beautiful reminders that this place is not our home.

Thanks to the fact that God blessed me with such wonderful, caring friends at RVA, they helped me to have some wonderful little goodbye adventures to say "kwaheri" to some of my favorite Kenyans.

During my year at RVA, I became good friends with a couple of our Masai guards, Sammy and Givan, who had invited me all year to go down to their village in the valley. We were finally able to get down there a couple days before leaving and was one of my favorite days in Kenya. The drive down was bumpy and unbelievable dusty, but we had some groovy tunes to giggle at (sweet oldies that are priceless to listen to while driving down African dirt roads..).

We were blessed to attend the Masai church service which was full of singing, dancing, complete joy, and the beautiful reminder that someday we'll be worshiping in Heaven with all of the unique, beautiful tribes of the Earth.
Givan and Sammy doing a little preaching...After the service we headed to Sammy's home to have lunch and chai with him and Givan. It was traditional staple Kenyan food, which I love, so it was a wonderful last African meal for me :)
The whole day was extraordinary and such a sweet time with my wonderful Masai friends. I look forward to visiting their village again someday, but until then I rejoice in their love for the Lord and will continue to give thanks for the experiences I had and friendships I made. Praise God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment