Saturday, January 23, 2010

Christmas in... January?

The following is a perfect example of why Kenya's postal service leaves much to be desired...

I got a package yesterday. That in itself is... thrilling, to say the least. There are currently three different packages I'm aware of making their way somewhere through Kenya to get to my mailbox, so it was a surprise in itself to see which would make it here. The winner? The package from my aunt and uncle in Pasadena. The contents? Fabulous.

The package was sent December 3, probably with hopes of arriving around Christmas. Well, it didn't, but I'm almost more excited this way. The package was filled with wonderful treats and surprises all with a common theme: Christmas! At first I was a little sad I couldn't hang my cute Christmas dishtowels and use my cute Christmas napkins for.. Christmastime. And then I realized - I CAN! See, mommy's coming in April along with one of my cousins and other aunts, and now I'll be able to have Christmas with them! Praise God for blessings in unexpected packages :)
Cutest part - spatulas with my name on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment